GATE Franchising Inc.

416-599-4283 (GATE)
Toll free:
Contact Us

Real Estate Career in YUKON

All real estate agencies and professionals trading in real estate in Yukon must hold a valid licence.

There are 3 types of real estate licences in Yukon:

  • agent licence;
  • salesperson licence; and
  • agency licence.

Review the information below to make sure you apply for the correct licence.

Agent licence: This licence is for a real estate agency's designated representative. An agent can be an agency’s only employee or can manage 1 or more salespersons. Some Canadian jurisdictions refer to a real estate agent as a real estate broker.

Salesperson licence: This licence is for a real estate professional who will work under a real estate agent (broker).

Agency licence: This licence is for real estate businesses working in Yukon. An agency can be a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.

Eligibility to obtain a licence in Yukon:

All real estate agencies trading in real estate in Yukon must have a licensed real estate agent. This agent acts as the agency’s designated representative. You can apply for a Yukon real estate agent licence if you meet 1 of the following sets of requirements, You:

  • are at least 19 years old;
  • work or will work for a real estate agency licensed in Yukon as:
    • a business owner;
    • a business partner;
    • a member of the board of directors; or
    • a designated agent;
  • work for an agency that does not currently employ another real estate agent; and
  • have held a Yukon real estate salesperson licence for at least 1 year before submitting the application.
  • have completed the Yukon real estate statutes pre-licensing course and exam. (To register for the exam, email

Submit your complete application package. This must include:

  • your completed application form;
  • all supporting documents; and
  • your payment form.

Typically applications are processed within 10 business days. You will be informed if you've met all legal requirements to issue a licence.

Where to submit your application: 

  • In-person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Mail:
    Government of Yukon
    Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

For more information regarding a career in real estate in YUKON, visit 

We look forward to you becoming a GATE Agent or Broker in the near future. All the Best for your career in Real Estate.