All real estate agencies and professionals trading in real estate in Yukon must hold a valid licence.
There are 3 types of real estate licences in Yukon:
- agent licence;
- salesperson licence; and
- agency licence.
Review the information below to make sure you apply for the correct licence.
Agent licence: This licence is for a real estate agency's designated representative. An agent can be an agency’s only employee or can manage 1 or more salespersons. Some Canadian jurisdictions refer to a real estate agent as a real estate broker.
Salesperson licence: This licence is for a real estate professional who will work under a real estate agent (broker).
Agency licence: This licence is for real estate businesses working in Yukon. An agency can be a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.
Eligibility to obtain a licence in Yukon:
All real estate agencies trading in real estate in Yukon must have a licensed real estate agent. This agent acts as the agency’s designated representative. You can apply for a Yukon real estate agent licence if you meet 1 of the following sets of requirements, You:
- are at least 19 years old;
- work or will work for a real estate agency licensed in Yukon as:
- a business owner;
- a business partner;
- a member of the board of directors; or
- a designated agent;
- work for an agency that does not currently employ another real estate agent; and
- have held a Yukon real estate salesperson licence for at least 1 year before submitting the application.
- have completed the Yukon real estate statutes pre-licensing course and exam. (To register for the exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Submit your complete application package. This must include:
- your completed application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form.
Typically applications are processed within 10 business days. You will be informed if you've met all legal requirements to issue a licence.
Where to submit your application:
- In-person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For more information regarding a career in real estate in YUKON, visit
We look forward to you becoming a GATE Agent or Broker in the near future. All the Best for your career in Real Estate.